Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 5

Ekphrasis Post. Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image. Can you link it to your health focus? Don’t forget to post the image!



I chose this image because it is the artists version of what MS is doing to her on the inside that we cannot always see from the outside. It is very inspiring to me because of how the artist has captured what probably a lot of us MSers feel; wanting to show what MS can do to our inner self that we try so hard to hide on the outside.

For me, I hide a lot of my daily symptoms because I don't want that "look". Only those that have ever gotten that "look" know what I am talking about. I don't like to explain to people why I am walking funny, why I can't always get my hands to cooperate, or why I am holding a certain area of my body due to MS symptoms. Yes, I have multiple sclerosis, but this disease DOES NOT define me. If I could express myself in a way to show others how I truly feel about this disease, it would be like the artist did in the painting above. This is what my MS looks like on the inside and how it has taken over my body, but I am still me despite the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment