Monday, April 2, 2012

Favorite Quote

Day two of the health activist month. This truly was a tough one for me, because I actually keep a journal of quotes I read that truly inspire me. Here is the challenge today:

Quotation Inspiration: Find a quote that inspires you (either positively or negatively) and free write about it for 15 minutes.

I finally decided on this quote:

"Everyday is a choice. Your attitude decides your day, and nobody can decide your attitude but you". ~ Ryan Moran

Really soak in those words and if you were like me, you truly get that "aha" moment. How true is that quote? If I am having a bad day and choose not to change my outlook/attitude then my entire day will revolve around that bad day. Unfortunately, others around me may succumb to my crappy attitude as well. We all will be handed a curve ball from time to time and some of us may get more curve balls then we'd like, but it is what we choose to do with it. Do we say, "screw you curve ball, I'm going to smack the shit out of you" or do we allow ourselves to get hit with it and let it smack the shit out of us instead? It is all about free will and choice.

Don't get me wrong, there are days when I have allowed that curve ball to smack the shit out me; I feel that is just human nature. However, the majority of the time, I will allow myself to have my little five minute pity party and then get up smack that curve ball way out to left field and make the most of my day. In other words, get on with the day at hand. I am grateful that I am up and moving, have an able body and mind, because I know how quickly it can be taken from me.

So next time you are having one of those curve ball days, what are you going to do? Remember it is YOU that decides your attitude and YOU alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment