Monday, April 9, 2012

No e-mail for new topics?

I didn't get an updated e-mail about the topics we health activists were suppose to write this week, so I'll just share a few things.

This week end was Easter week end and a busy one. I haven't been at 100% these last few days. I am not relapsing with my MS, but my symptoms have been in full swing (come and go, but don't stay; which tells me no true relapse). I think the crazy Indiana weather is definitely playing a big role in this. One day it will be 80 degrees, the next day 58 and raining. This week we are dropping back into the mid 50s with the lows in the 30s; go figure. It's no wonder my MS symptoms are all over the place.

I'd love to take a survey of other MSers and see if the drastic changes in weather affect their MS as well. Would be interesting to know for sure. I know in the past when I have relapsed (which it will be two years next month since I've had a relapse...woohoo!), it has been during seasonal changes. When I would call my neurologists office, his nurse would tell me it has been a very busy week/month of MSers relapsing. Based on that, I'd say the weather does play a big role.

Today is the first day in almost two weeks I have woke up and didn't feel the need to go back to bed, which is a good sign. I have been burning the candle at both ends again, so truly it is my own fault for feeling crummy. I need to listen to my body and rest when it says to; otherwise I know I will bring on a relapse and I'm sure it will be a doozy since I truly haven't had one in almost two years.

So starting today, I will do my best to listen to my body and rest when it is telling me to. One day at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment