Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Creeping Up...

It seems like so many things in life, there is always something out there that is waiting around the corner about to creep up on you. This something for me is my Multiple Sclerosis and all the issues and symptoms that come with it.

I have been doing very well. I have relapsing remitting MS, which means, I have relapses (worsening of symptoms over several days/weeks) and then remissions (symptoms improve or go away and back to a normal being). I don't truly recover completely from relapses any longer, I just "adjust" to the "new" normal me. For the last few days, I have been having an increase of symptoms. I keep telling myself it is just because I am tired or because I am over doing it, but as each day passes, more symptoms creep up. Since I started the study drug, Fingolimod, it is harder for me to tell if I am truly relapsing, which is great. In the past, I usually would get hit pretty hard and it was VERY obvious and I would require IV steroids to bounce me back. Time will tell.

Okay, done complaining about the MS. I had a wonderful Mother's Day! My kids made me special cards and the DH (this can mean "damn husband" or "darling husband", depending my mood) took my daughter to the store to pick something out for me. Did I ever hit the jackpot on that one. I awoke to having coffee and the Sunday paper brought to me in bed, then after that was greeted with a center piece on the table that my daughter made for me. It was filled with all kinds of individually wrapped dark chocolates, all my favorites. My son, fairly typical 11 year old boy, made me a very simple card and a photo frame with his picture during school for a class project. At least this year he did sign his card. To end the day with being taken out for dinner, was icing on the cake. Just a lovely day!

Lastly, to end my post in the "It can only happen to me category".........well, I must say, I don't have any true funnies yet this week. But remember, it is still the start of a new week, so I'm sure I will have something later. Or, to look on the optimistic side of things, maybe I'll have a week where nothing too out of the ordinary will happen. Hmmm...to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment