Sunday, May 24, 2009

Way Behind

Been a while since I've blogged about my crazy life. So much has happened since my last entry I don't even know where to begin, so I will try to condense it the best I can.

I will begin by saying, as of week 7 in school I have a 4.0 and am hoping to keep that GPA, so please wish me luck, I need every ounce I can get.

Midterm day: I studied like a madwoman of course. In the middle of my midterm, my phone keeps buzzing in my front pocket. I'm thinking to myself, "Either that person has the wrong number or there is an emergency!" I can't even look at the phone because I don't want to be accused of cheating, plus I need to keep my focus on the huge test in front of me. Twenty minutes later, test turned in, out in the hallway I check my messages. An emergency, my 99 year old grandmother, whom I am caretaker of and power attorney has fallen and the assisted living facility needed my permission to send her to the hospital. So off to the hospital they send her, all the while, I have another exam in the next class and CANNOT leave. Great timing huh? Long story short, my grandmother is fine, no broken bones, just a bad sprain and is doing fine now.

Glasses Pickup: I'm not even 35 yet, but had to get bi-focals, WTF? Anyways, I ordered them along with new prescription sunglasses. Got my new glasses fine, but the sunglasses had white spots all through the lenses, so had to have them redone. Well, the machine is broke, so I will need to come back. Go back a few days later because they are ready. Well, still tons of white spots, so they will need to redo them again. Wait around for 20 minutes and they have ruined the frames from heating them up too much, so now I have to pick out new frames (at no cost of course). They don't have anymore of the frames I originally picked out, that would be too easy. So, I pick out a little larger frame, feeling like I need to be in Hollywood while wearing them but need new sunglasses. I am told it'll only take about 20 minutes since they have my lenses in stock to tint. Now I am there for an hour, and instead of 20 minutes later, he comes out 30 minutes later and replies, "Well, we are having problems with your lenses and will need to order special lenses to fit those frames". I just laughed and said, "Of course you are, story of my life"!

Possible Shingles Outbreak: Well, as you can see, I have had a few stresses lately. Between exams, work, being a mother and trying to encourage my unemployed husband that he can find a job since being laid off five months ago, I am run down. I started having blurred vision and my eye hurt and felt like I had something stuck in it. A few days later I had a couple of blisters show up around my brow line and in the brow line itself. I started to freak out at the possibility of losing my vision and scarring of my face. Call my study nurse and let her know what is going on since I am part of a study that suppresses my immune system, this could potentially be life threatening, but not too worried about that. Go to the eye doc and no herpes zoster or any kind of herpes found......THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS! What the eye doc did find was two little sand rocks in my eye that have scratched the surface of my eye. He got those out and told me to put lubricating eye drops in my eye for next few days. Also, the breakouts look more like a contact dermatitis issue (I had just changed shampoos). Whew, close call, but still feel like it was the beginning of shingles and I had tons of people praying including myself that it wasn't. Power of prayer, power of prayer, thank you!

Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Week End and may this week end be about spending time with your loved ones and remembering the ones who have passed away with what love and joy they brought to your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment